Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Circle all

This past weekend was a doozy spent mostly indoors with an extreme toothache. Before that got too bad though, I was able to get out for a short hike on Thursday up Broads Fork. One of these days I'll make it up Mt. Raymond that lies at the end of that trail, but for now I'm content to hike to the basin and then to Circle All Peak which is more of a ridgeline overlook than a peak.

Needless to say, the wildflowers were amazing and the trail is steep which allows for plenty of photo breaks. The light was low and it was overcast, raining in the valley and further up the range. There was a lot of thunder and lightening all around which made for even more magic.

I can't tell you why I'd rather hike alone on this trail rather than, say, mingle with a throng of twilight concert goers down in the valley. There were a few others that I shared the trail with- a couple kissing in the meadow and an old man lounging in the trail smoking his pipe. I guess they were after what I was after, one of those quiet, lonely, and beautiful moments.



Is it a hairy or a downy woodpecker? I want to say hairy but it's tough to tell in this light.

I caught this little guy feeding his chicks in a hole in a nearby aspen



Wildflower selfie

Indian paintbrush, geranium, balsam root, and more!

Wild lupine


Not sure what peak this is

A subdued sunset

Spotted this little guy!



No comments:

Post a Comment